Aren’t lentils nice? They’re such an inexpensive and handy supply of protein to purchase in bulk, they usually go so nicely in so many various recipes. Today I’ll be sharing one among my favourite recipes that can present you ways to make completely agency lentils in an instantaneous pot. You’ll after all be needing your alternative of brown or inexperienced lentils. Along with the lentils, you’ll add in some garlic, onion, and both water or vegetable broth. Add a little bit of salt and pepper to style and that’s actually all you want to make a incredible lentil meal that gives you with a strong quantity of protein, iron, folate, and disease-fighting polyphenols.
(You may additionally like: The Best Vegan Instant Pot Lentil Soup Ever)
How to Cook Perfectly Firm Lentils in an Instant Pot
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 half cups 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1/three cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup brown or inexperienced lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- salt, black pepper to style
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand till display screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook dinner, stirring often, till softened, 2 to three minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook dinner for 30 seconds.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the lentils, pinch of salt, pinch of black pepper and water or broth.
- Stir to mix.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and verify to be certain that the stress degree exhibits as “High” on the show.
- Adjust the timer to 10 minutes.
- When completed cooking, launch stress naturally in accordance to producer’s instructions.
- Open the lid.
- Taste and add extra salt and black pepper, if mandatory.