First rule of cooking any vegetable: don’t overcook it. You need your greens to remain good and crisp by means of cooking, not soggy. That’s simpler mentioned than completed although, and belief me, I’ve gone by means of plenty of soggy beans up to now. One of my favourite methods to arrange inexperienced beans is with the moment pot as a result of it’s virtually unattainable to get improper, and I find yourself with completely crisp inexperienced beans each time due to the pressure-cook setting. Once it’s cooked, you simply have to sauté it with some butter and garlic and it’s prepared for plating. This is an effective way to spruce up your vegetable dishes with out an excessive amount of trouble or preparation time.
(You may additionally like: 5-Ingredient Garlic Roasted Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts)
The Best Instant Pot Garlic Green Beans
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: four 1x
- 1 pound recent inexperienced beans, trimmed and snapped in half
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to style
- Place the steamer basket within the Instant pot.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Place the inexperienced beans into the basket.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and examine to ensure the strain stage exhibits as “High” on the show.
- Adjust the timer to zero minute.
- When completed cooking, fast launch the strain.
- Carefully take away the steamer basket and inexperienced beans from the pot.
- Discard the water.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand till display reads “HOT”.
- Add the butter and stir till melted.
- Add the garlic and cook dinner for 30 seconds.
- Add the inexperienced beans and toss to coat.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Season to style with salt and black pepper and serve.